jueves, 25 de septiembre de 2014

A deal with the devil

On her way home from work, my wife was hit and killed by a drunk driver.
Night after night I prayed, no, I begged God to bring her back. Every night I dreamt of her returning to me, and every morning I woke alone.
One night the dream had changed. I was approached by a man in a pristine suit. "I can bring her back to you, but it will cost you." he said.
"Please! I'll do anything!" I pleaded
"What would you say you're most afraid of?" he asked with a smirk.
I thought hard about it briefly before responding "Burning to death".
"Here's my offer: I will return your wife to you, but only if you live out your greatest fear."
"Yes! I'll do it! I'll burn!", and with that I awoke in my bed, next to my beautiful bride.
I couldn't believe it, but there she was, fast asleep, and breathing deep. I woke her with a passionate kiss and after several minutes she asked what had gotten into me. I could only respond by telling her how much I loved her.
I knew I still had a price to pay, but I didn't care.
That evening there was a knock at my door. As soon as I saw the officer, I knew the mistake I had made. I never promised to burn, I promised to live out my worst fear.
"Sir, I'm afraid your wife's been in an accident."



1 comentario: